Strange Networking Problem?

Bill Hayman bchayman at pacbell.net
Tue May 8 07:18:59 GMT 2001

Hello Riesd;

Thank you very much for your input and suggestion(s).  I am not running DHCP
and have manually assigned my ip addresses to the computers in the network.
It turns out not to be a Samba problem after all.  After additional hours of
research, I decided that the nic in the backupserver might be the culprit.
The nic I had installed on the server was a Kingston KNE110TX/100B pci type
card.  I thought it was supported by Red Hat 7.0.  Apparently I was wrong.
I changed out the nic to a old standby Realtek pci card, booted, and I
haven't had a problem now for about 14 hours.  I think that was the problem.
Thank you very much for your input and please feel free to let me know if I
can be of any help or assistance in the future.

Sincerely,
Bill Hayman