printings

Patrizia Canton cantonpa at unive.it
Tue May 8 14:05:49 GMT 2001

I am feeeling quite stupid, but I am not able to have printers working.
I hope someone could help me.
I defined a print$ share
set in the print$ share  write list= root
and  printer admin=root
when I connect from the WINNT client as root
I can see in the printer folder on Samba server
the printers I have in my printcap file
the print$ share,
but not the Add Printer Wizard.
If I try to view the printer properties for any printer
I can see that the "NEW Driver ..." button for installing the new printer
driver is not active.
so I am logging as root, but I am not root at all.
Why?
I am running Linux Debian2.2rev2, kernel 2.4.3
this is part of my smb.conf
[global]
    netbios name = romeo
    printing = bsd
    printcap name = /etc/printcap
    load printers = yes
    invalid users = bin daemon adm sync shutdown halt mail news uucp
operator gopher
    security = user
    workgroup = raggi-x
    domain logons = yes
    server string=
    log file= /var/log/samba/samba.log.%m
    log level=3
    syslog only = no
    syslog = 0
    socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=4096
SO_RCVBUF=4096
    encrypt passwords = yes
    wins support = yes
    os level = 34
    domain master = yes
    local master = yes
    preferred master = yes
    logon path=\\%L\Profiles
    logon script = scripts\%u.bat
    logon drive= E:
    logon home=\\romeo\utenti\%u
    name resolve order = lmhosts host wins bcast
    dns proxy = no
    preserve case = yes
    short preserve case = yes
    unix password sync = false