Asking for Lelp Guide

Bill Moran wmoran at iowna.com
Tue May 8 12:54:04 GMT 2001

Aminul Islam wrote:
> 1. How I can access the Linux pc from the 98 pcs ?
> 2. I want to print from the Linux pc to the printer hp 4050, which is
> attached with the 98 pc.
> 3. I want to save my data to the Linux pc which will inputted form the
> 98pcs

Install samba. You'll have a good bit of reading to do in order to
understand how to configure samba to do these three steps, but it's not
really that complicated.
It also depends on what you mean by "access" in #1. If you want a shell
account, set up telnet or (preferably) ssh.

> 4. I want to setup a mail server using the Linux pc for the local user
> who can send and receive their mail using Eudora or outlook express.

Wrong list. Look into Sendmail/popper (which are probably installed on
your Linux box already) or qmail (www.qmail.org)

> 5. I need a picture oriented help documentation file.

Don't know of anything like that, sorry.

-Bill