Samba 2.0.7 - Problem

Ceccotti Andrea Andrea.Ceccotti at tlc.semagroup.it
Tue May 8 12:47:35 GMT 2001

Hi ,

I've installed Linux Mandrake 7.2 with Samba 2.0.7. I have a problem when
more  than one client tries to connect to the shares directory on the server
Linux. ( The client Operative system is NT 4.0). Reading the Samba log's
file (/var/log/samba/log.smb) I can see the following error:

Can't create or use IPC area. Error was File exists
[2001/04/10 17:01:29, 0] locking/locking.c:locking_init(174)
  ERROR: Failed to initialise share modes

I've also wrote this parameter on the smb.conf file in the [global] section:

max connections = 0

I send, enclosed in the mail, my smb.conf file :

 <<smb.conf>>

Thank you for your assistance.

Bye
Andrea Ceccotti