Strange Networking Problem?

Ries van Twisk ries at franksintl.nl
Tue May 8 08:05:03 GMT 2001

Hi,

it could be a DHCP/Route problem.

It depends if you are running DHCP but I would try this.

Check the route table, see if it's changed after the network goes down.
Maby the RH7 receives a DHCP request and processes this and changes
you route table? I would suggest using static addresses in servers.

Check your interface card. Is it still there and functional? Do you have any
'clean up' deamon runing?

Rebooting the server would not be necesarry. Just try to do one thing at a
time. And see if it worked again after that one single action.

Riesd