Samba 2.2.0 for Digital Unix 4.0b

Edmund Lam epl at myriad.its.unimelb.edu.au
Tue May 8 02:20:06 GMT 2001

> I have some servers here, and one of them has Digital Unix 4.0b. The
> problem is that I cant install Samba 2.2.0 correctly. When I try to run

I've successfully compiled and installed samba-2.2.0 on 4.0g. 4.0b
shouldn't be that different.

> the make command, I receive the following message:
> ###
> Compiling smbd/server.c
> In file included from include/includes.h:310,
>                  from smbd/server.c:22:
> /usr/include/prot.h:71: acl.h: No such file or directory

OK, you are missing the file /usr/include/sys/acl.h

Do a ``ls /usr/include/sys/acl.h'' to see if the file is really missing
or something else is screwed up. I've looked up Digital Unix 4.0F and
4.0G and they both have it.

> I know that the process is looking for /usr/include/prot.h file, however
No, the process has found the file /usr/include/prot.h, it is looking for
acl.h

> I dont know what to do. What package do I need to install to solve this
> problem??

Not sure the name of the package, but it would be something similar to
"C Library include files" OR "Developmental Include files"

Eddie

PS I sincerely hope you are not emailing as root.