Can I have oplocks enabled without problems?

All-Ireland Racing/Guinness Cycling Team Guinnessbike at mail.iowna.com
Mon May 7 21:46:03 GMT 2001

Windows 95 has bugs in the oplock code. I'm not sure if Windows 98 continues
that fine tradition or not, but from what you're saying it sure seems to. If
you have any 95 machines on your network, turn off oplocks. The same may be
the case for 98. You'll simply have to deal with the performance hit.

-Bill