Has anyone else run into

Fouquet, Errol Errol.Fouquet at mms.gov
Mon May 7 20:09:08 GMT 2001

Trevor,

A couple of things to check.
First off, the system doesn't run scripts from /etc/rc.d/init.d directly.
These are run from "run level" directories such as /etc/rc.d/rc2.d (run
level 2). If you "cd" into /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/ you will find scripts which are
merely symlinks (or sometimes hard links) back to /etc/rc.d/init.d scripts.
They will begin with either an "S" for start or a "K" for stop.
With RedHat 7.0 my "smb" script is located in both /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb and
/etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S91smb.
Also, with RedHat (and other Linux's) you need to run "ntsysv" from the
command line and mark smb as a script which should be started at boot time.