Problem with PDC Howto with WINS?

Trevor Benson Tbenson at associatedbp.com
Mon May 7 15:33:32 GMT 2001

  I rebuilt my smb.conf file from a working 2.05 and 2.07 versions of samba
into 2.2.0 with the PDC howto.  But I could never browse the network via
WINS server that the samba machine was running as well as the PDC.

  I decided to finally make the OS level change back from 65 suggested in
the PDC Howto, to the level 64 I used with the old systems, it started
working in WINS again.  Is there going to be some great problem running at
64, or was that supposed to be the level set anyway for PDC's?

Thanks,
Trevor Benson
Director of Information Technology
Associated Business Products