Limiting number of users to a samba share

Charles B. Gambrell cbgamb at acan.net
Mon May 7 15:20:23 GMT 2001

Would a samba veteran point me to a solution to the following situation?

I have a WinNT network.  Created a share on the samba server and all the NT
stations have access to the share.  Now I want to allow not more that 8
workstations to access the share at the same time.  It is fine for any of
the 50 workstations to access the share, but not more that 8 can open the
share at any time.

Is there an easy solution?

Thanks for any and all help.

Charles B. Gambrell