pam_smb ... anyone working on this?

The Hermit Hacker scrappy at hub.org
Mon May 7 14:44:14 GMT 2001

I'm trying to get this working, from CVS, under FreeBSD, and am confused

Compiles great, put it into place as the only auth method for ftpd, and
when I ftp in, I get:

May  7 11:32:06 new-relay ftpd[36066]: unable to resolve symbol: pam_sm_authenticate
May  7 11:32:06 new-relay ftpd[36066]: unable to resolve symbol: pam_sm_setcred
May  7 11:32:06 new-relay ftpd[36066]: auth_pam: Module is unknown

Now, this is where i get confused ... pam_sm_authenticate is defined in
pamsmbm/pam_smb_auth.c to be a PAM_EXTERN:

=========
PAM_EXTERN
int pam_sm_authenticate(        pam_handle_t *pamh,
                                int flags,
                                int argc,
                                const char **argv       )
{
        return _pam_auth_smb( pamh, flags, argc, argv   );
}

Why?

If I remove the PAM_EXTERN part, it still compiles clean, and doesn't
generate the error ... appears to work fine as well ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: scrappy at hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org