smbwrapper in samba 2.0.7!

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Mon May 7 13:13:27 GMT 2001

You wrote:
| How can i get smbwrapper? i'm using samba 2.0.7 RPM!

	There is a change in the glibc code (that
	breaches the standard) that needs a work-around.

	Are you a programmer? We could probably fix it
	in a few recompiles... we need to change smbsh
	so
		1) it adds the wrappers directory to the
		   front of the LD_LIBRARY_LIST
		2) it force-loads the wrapprers so the
  		   it has them itself.
	In Slolaris this means linking with -R and -B,
	and maybe -f (filter) and -u (undefine). With gcc
	I'd need to experiment

--dave
Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com