Win2k and Samba 2.2

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Mon May 7 02:19:05 GMT 2001

Add the user root to the smbpasswd file and then change the passwd of
the acount.
# smbpasswd -a root

In win2k, use the user root and the new passwd when prompted for a username
while joining the domain.

If you have manually created the user for the machine and added to the
smbpasswd
with the -m option, all should work.

Oliver