Network problems?

Dave Phillips sstauffer at uswest.net
Mon May 7 02:03:11 GMT 2001

Hi again,  I first wanted to thank everyone for helping try and get Samba up and running, the links and info helped.  I have 2 computers one running Redhat 7 and the other WIN 98 the two are connected by a twisted pair no hub.  I want to use my WIN 98 computer as the server, as it has all the files I want to access and the internet connection.  I think I have my smb.conf right (it's real basic) and testparm says its correct for both.  Both computers can ping each other but when I try to logon to the Samba server from linux it says the connection was refused and the WIN 98 one times out.  Where did I go wrong??