samba2win2k prob

Clemens Resanka clemens at bigfoot.com
Sun May 6 22:13:45 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I currently have troubles to print to a Win2k server using smbclient
2.0.8 on linux kernel 2.4.3.

If I do
  smbclient //HOST/PRINTER 'topsecret' -c 'print file'

smbclient says:
added interface ip=192.168.0.100 bcast=192.168.0.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
putting file file as file Error writing file: code 0
(0 kb/s) (average 0 kb/s)

On Win2k I installed redmon (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/) and
configured it to write a logfile. The logfile shows, that only the
first couple of bytes get transferred. I played around with the
blocksize command and discovered, that it's exacly 1 block of data
that is transferred.
I can however print to Win98 boxes without problem. It's only this
Win2k installation. Any ideas, what the problem could be and how I
could solve it?

So far..

 - Clemens -