Please help - win98 ask for password

S. Maneetanont smanee at ine.inet.co.th
Sun May 6 19:48:29 GMT 2001

Hello,
I am using Win 98 to access Samba on linux 6.2. I can see Linux server name (MYSERVER) on Network Neighborhood. But everytime I clicks onto it, it will give me a popup window asking me to supply network password to Resource: \\MYSERVER\IPC$. Although I enter correct password, it keeps saying my password is incorrect. I read a book, it says this could happen to Win 95 or 98 for some Service Pack, but does not tell how to fix. I don't know how true this statement is, or it is something else that you might point out to me, please..thanks in advance.

Suwat.