Konqueror network browser!

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Sun May 6 18:46:43 GMT 2001

On Sun, 6 May 2001, kaab kaoutar wrote:

> Is konqueror network browser the easiest way to browse NT SHARED DIRECTORY?

Only you can define "easiest" ...

> I know only one other wy wich is the using the command line "smbclient ..."!
> can i mount a directory using mount ?

On linux you can use smbfs to mount SMB shares. Something like:
mount -t smbfs -o username=foo,workgroup=bar //server/share /mnt/point

Read the smbmount manpage for details.

That gives you "normal" file access to the remote dir under /mnt/point.
(I say "normal" since not everything works like it does on a local
 filesystem)

You will want to run a 2.2.18/19 or 2.4.4 kernel with support for smbfs,
and possibly also upgrade to samba 2.2.0 for the bugfixes to smbmount
there. Some distributions have included those fixes in their 2.0.7
packages, so try it with what you've got first.

/Urban