Samba v2.2.0 and default hidden shares I FOUND THE BUG?

Wavelen Warren Fielder II wfielder at ev1.net
Sun May 6 15:11:18 GMT 2001

OS:  Solaris 8
SAMBA : v2.2.0

I was testing different things, and I think I might know what the
problem is.

To begin with, my password is 10 characters.  This might be part of the
problem.

If I try to attach to my //hostname/C$ share as:

smbclient //hostname/c$ -U Administrator%password -- it works!

smbclient //hostname/c$ -U Administrator
password: ********** -- that throws an error.  So, is it possible that
the password that I am inputting here is getting truncated?  The strange
thing is, the v2.0.7 version of smbclient works fine in this manner.
Could someone please look into this?  Thanks!

Internet: wfielder at ev1.net