SAMBA 2.2.0 RPM fails to install

Dietmar May dcmay at object-workshops.com
Sun May 6 15:12:29 GMT 2001

Hi Oliver,

> It is working on my RH 6.2 box.
> Try using rpm -ihvvv for debuging info
>
> Do you have enough disk space(df -h)?

I have managed to get it to install. John Terpstra suggested'

> After removing the old package you may have to do the
> following:
>
> 	rpm -Uvh --nodeps --force samba-2.2.0......

Using the --nodeps and --force caused the installation to complete ... why, I'm not sure. There were no reported dependency failures, nor was there an upgrade failure.

I'm planning to install Samba 2.2 into a fresh RH installation soon; I won't install the OS copy (which, at least for Zoot, is 2.0.6). I'll try your suggestion (before trying John's) if I run into any further problems during install.

Thanks for your help.

Dietmar