MS Fax Integration

Michael St. Laurent mikes at hartwellcorp.com
Sat May 5 10:00:15 GMT 2001

I've started looking into what it would take to put together an MS-Fax
Integration package and it looks like it could be done.  In the list
archives I've found one claim that the fax files written to the share
directory are Group-3 Fax format only bit-reversed.  I've found another
statement that the files are OLE objects.  In either case it shouldn't be
_too_ hard to do this.

I can do some packet traces of the data exchanged between a sample client
and server to try and figure out exactly what the interaction is.  Does
anyone know of any decent OLE file tools?  I've found a perl module for
accessing OLE files but I think it may be restricted to Word Processor
documents (I haven't looked too closely yet so I'm not sure about this
though).

So, who wants to play?