How to select UNIX group of file owner?

Grzegorz Latuszek Grzegorz_Latuszek-AGL009 at email.mot.com
Sat May 5 09:49:11 GMT 2001

Hi all,
I am newbe to Samba - I have just installed it to open ClearCase VOBs
and Views for NT users.
I have made some investigations till now but can't find the answer for
questions:
Q1. When I create new file on NT site - I create it on Samba share - it
will be created on UNIX side
with me as an owner. But what will be the GID of this file? I suppose my
primary group.
So if I am for ex. 'latuszek' with primary group 'main' file will be
like:
-rwxr-xr-x   1 latuszek    main       1708 Apr 27 16:45 file
Am I right?
(sorry if question is stupid but here is more clever one - I hope)
Q2. Lets suppose I belong to other group called 'other'. I would like to
create my files from NT, on Samba share,
but in such a way that these files will have GID 'other' - it means,
they will appear on UNIX side in form:
-rwxr-xr-x   1 latuszek    other       1708 Apr 27 16:45 file
How to do it with Samba? How to configure Samba to make it possible?
Regards
   Greg
Grzegorz Latuszek
Configuration Manager of MPSC Common Platform projects
Motorola Polska Software Center
Krakow; Poland
e-mail: Grzegorz.Latuszek at motorola.com