Printer drivers question

Peter Blajev peter at castandcrew.com
Fri May 4 22:29:03 GMT 2001

HI,

I'm trying to upload "HP LaserJet 4 Plus" driver to SAMBA-2.2 server.
I'm able to successfully upload the driver for Windows NT, but for
Windows98
the driver for "..4 Plus" and "..4M Plus" is the same and
his name is "..4M Plus".
Now I have different names for W98 and Windows NT.

rpcclient $> enumdrivers

[Windows 4.0]
Printer Driver Info 1:
        Driver Name: [HP LaserJet 4M Plus]

[Windows NT x86]
Printer Driver Info 1:
        Driver Name: [HP LaserJet 4 Plus]

If I setup driver "..4M Plus" nobody from NT can download the
correct driver. If I setup driver "..4 Plus" nobody from W98
can download the correct driver.

rpcclient $> getprinter cculp5
        flags:[0x800000]
        name:[\\SDPRINT\cculp5]