[OT] Re: time server

Bill Moran wmoran at iowna.com
Fri May 4 18:57:39 GMT 2001

Bruce Ferrell wrote:

> You have to put something like:
>
>   net time /set /y
>
> in your logon script.  It's a bit faster if you put a specific server in like
>
>   net time \\server /set /y
>
> but it does work here.

Does it annoy anyone other than me that this doesn't work on NT/W2K?
Reason being, if you log in as a normal user, you don't have perms to
set the time, and the login script executes as the login user, therefore
doesn't have perms to set the time. Unless you change the user's perms
or system policy (thus giving normal user the right to change the time,
which is bad)

This is off topic, I know, but it's an issue I've been struggling with.
I'd be interested to hear any solutions.

-Bill