Not exactly a samba problem.....

McEldowney, Michael MMcEldowney at deltaregional.com
Fri May 4 18:17:26 GMT 2001

Sounds like a bug in Win98, come to think of it, I think I remember
something like this being reported about Win95 as well.  I'll have to
look back thru the MS "Knowledge" Base...

You might try this as a work around.  Change the "Primary Network Logon"
in the Network Properties to "Windows Logon".  Many downsides to this,
including password management and no logon scripts.

If you have the ability, you could write a program that monitors the
window list and watches for the logon box, then programmatically change
the domain textbox to a "read only" class, and run it as a service...

Boy, this is getting WAY off topic.  Email me directly if you need help
with the last suggestion...  mmceldowney at deltaregional.com