Win2k and Samba 2.2

Trevor Benson Tbenson at associatedbp.com
Fri May 4 15:47:18 GMT 2001

I have joined my Win2k Pro system to the domain.  Now after it joining the
domain when I attempt to login to the system it gives me 'The system cannot
logyou on to this domain because the system's computer account in its
primary domain is missing or the password on that account is incorrect.' It
also mentioned the SID last night, but I don't seem to get that message
anymore.

I remember reading somewhere in the PDC Howto or the samba howto that the
machine password was the machines name in lower case? And somewhere else
mentioned to leave it blank, but that might have been for the /etc/passwd.
It just took me awhile to even get connected because the adduser program
created some cross use and groups, I had to resolve just to get the machine
to join.

Thanks,
Trevor Benson
Director of Information Technology