bug?: hosts access -parameter doesn't work with DNS-names

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at cc.hut.fi
Fri May 4 13:32:18 GMT 2001

This is what I get when I only have one machine listed (DNS-name) as
allowed in smb.conf:

added interface ip=x.x.x.x bcast=y.y.y.y nmask=z.z.z.z
Got a positive name query response from my.wins.server ( my-ip-address )
session request to AMIDALA failed (Not listening for calling name)
Got a positive name query response from my.wins.server ( my-ip-address )
session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Not listening for calling name)

It works, if I use IP:s. I'd like to restrict access more accurately,
because there are a number of dns-subnets in that IP-range.

All this worked fine with 2.0.7. It seems that samba doesn't lookup the IP
anymore..

I'm using debian unstable, packages samba-2.2.0-final-2 etc

ps. I'm not in the list, please cc me