PC-Netlink access by smbclient failed

Andreas Huck Andreas.Huck at SuSE.de
Fri May 4 07:52:09 GMT 2001

Hi,

has anybody experience with accessing a PC-Netlink server with
a samba client? We can read files but writing is problematic.
Sun claims that this is a samba problem but since PC-Netlink
emulates an NT server and access to this is just fine I wonder
if we just missed the point.

In detail:

pcnlserver: Solaris 2.7 with PC-netlink vs. 1.2 patch level 110179-4

On a Linux notebook we got samba-2.0.7-105.src.rpm (e.g.)
and
mount -t smbfs -o rw,dmask=777,username=testuser,workgroup=testgroup //pcnlserver/testuser\$ /home/testuser/samba

gives us:

> ls -al samba/rr*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root            0 May  2 16:02 samba/rrr
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root            0 May  2 16:03 samba/rrrr
testuser at toshiba:~ > rm samba/rrrr
> rm: cannot unlink `samba/rrrrr': Permission denied
testuser at toshiba:~ > touch samba/rrrr
testuser at toshiba:~ > touch samba/rrrrr