Problems compiling samba 2.2

Hanz S Yoro hanz_irvi at edsamail.com.ph
Fri May 4 07:18:18 GMT 2001

> Hi!
> I have a problem while trying to compile samba.2.2 in a hpux box. I keep having this message when I run ./configure [--options]

> ..
> checking whether to support ACLs... no
> checking configure summary
> ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe
> configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config
>
> How can I get out of this message? Any idea??
> Regards,
> 	Viviana

I also have similar error message.. i tried compiling samba-2.2.0 on a slackware7.1
box using

./configure --sysconfdir=/etc  --bindir=/usr/bin  --sbindir=/usr/sbin --localstatedir=/var

here are the last lines of the output messages

checking whether to support Microsoft Dfs... no
checking whether to support the experimantal Samba vfs... no
checking how to get filesystem space usage
checking statvfs64 function (SVR4)... no
checking statvfs function (SVR4)... yes
checking checking if large file support can be enabled... no