shared mem size

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Fri May 4 02:57:07 GMT 2001

hi Craig;
once samba creates the shmem segment, it doesn't deallocate it.  so after
changing it in smb.conf, bringing down samba, use ipcrm to remove the shared
memory segment and semaphore;  the keys are usually shmkey = 0x00280267,
semaphore key = 0x00280269
Then bring samba back up and it should create the new shared memory segment
with the adjusted size.

Good luck,
Don