win2k vs Samba 2.xx

Volker Flohr greaman at Xterminator.studfb.unibw-muenchen.de
Fri May 4 00:22:50 GMT 2001

Hi, the following problem seems to either a samba, or an win2k problem, but
not an misconfiguration.

I'm using a gateway-system to cennect two LANs. The gateway-pc is not master
browser, but does masquerading from one LAN (192.168. ) to theother LAN. I
used 'netbios aliases' to create a new virtual pc in the wins area and it
works with samba, win95, win98, winME, but if I try to use win2k I always
get 'networkpath not found'. It must be either a bug in win2k (once of this
more than 60k) or a bug in samba.

Volker Flohr