mount NTBOX

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Thu May 3 20:04:47 GMT 2001

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Karl Jones wrote:

> I assume the same goes for Samba 2.0.8 running on SCO OpenServer 5.5.
>
> (Quick side question- I was hoping for one-stop-shopping with Samba but it
> looks like I need to turn to NFS to mount other Unix filesystems
> (AIX<->SCO).  Can you confirm this?  Thanks.)

Using NFS between unix machines is far better than converting everything
to windows semantics and then back. Go for the NFS solution, I think
you'll be happier with it even if you could find a SMB solution.

Don is almost right, smbsh (aka smbwrapper?) is not a Linuxism. I believe
it is an attempt to provide (almost) the same thing but in a more platform
independent way. Listed as working on Solaris, SunOS, OSF1 and IRIX.
Porting it to AIX may be possible ...

smbmount and smbfs are parts of the same thing, smbmount lives in the
samba package. smbfs is a linux kernel filesystem (and there is a BSD fs
with the same name and purpose).

/Urban