Strange Problem

Todd Spahr tspahr at eagle.ycp.edu
Thu May 3 19:00:52 GMT 2001

I have an old file server/samba server on a network.  I am adding an
additional samba server to help reduce the load off the other server.
When I start smb and nmb on the new server and the new server does the
logon for the clients (or you use the new server to map to your home
drive) - The windows clients can see all their MS files but they CANNOT
save to their home drives or open any documents, in fact MSword locks up
completely. When I shut the new server down and they use the old server
for logon or mapping shares all works well and has worked well for 3
years.

Any ideas?   I have conf files or testparms if needed.

Thanks ahead of time.

--
Todd Spahr
Network/Unix Administrator