I cause my own problem?

Trevor Benson Tbenson at associatedbp.com
Thu May 3 18:21:07 GMT 2001

OK someone tell me if they think this is what caused the problem (me causing
myself this issue most likely).  I run smbstatus as an easy way to check the
system and version of samba.  If I compiled a new system, and ran smbd, and
nmbd. But never attached to browed any directories on the server, is it
possible that no lock database was created yet, and that's where my error
initializing it comes from? I noticed that once I realized the server wasn't
down and attached to it, it was fully functional, and then the next day I
ran smbstatus and for the first time in multiple rebuilds, received a normal
no locked files message.  Did I just cause this whole thing and was an idiot
this whole time?

Thanks,
Trevor Benson
Director of Information Technology