locking files, and directory permissions.

Marc Harding mharding at ecwebworks.com
Thu May 3 13:45:36 GMT 2001

since upgrading my system to samba 2.2.0 I am having a problem with my
logon script getting locked, so that when users log on, they are not
getting the proper drive mappings.  I have attached the appropriate chunks
of my smb.conf.

Another problem I am having is that when I include my self as an admin
user, and save a file on my home drive, it saves it as root.  is there a
way to force any files written to a home directory to be saved with the
permissions of the owner of that directory.  I tried to use force user = %u
with no luck.

[global]
         security = user
         status = yes
         workgroup = ECSAMBA
         netbios name = SAMBA
         server string = Linux Samba Server
         encrypt passwords = Yes
         update encrypted = Yes
         min passwd length = 6
         passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
         passwd chat = *password* %n\n *password* %n\n *successfull*
         username map = /etc/smbusers
         unix password sync = Yes
         log level = 1
         log file = /var/samba/logs/log.%m
         admin users = root
         add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g machines -c Machine -d
/dev/null -s /bin/false %m$
         logon script = syslogon.bat
         logon path = \\SAMBA\%U\conf\profile
         logon drive = h:
         logon home = \\SAMBA\%U
         domain logons = Yes
         os level = 65
         preferred master = True
         domain master = True
         wins support = Yes
         default service = homes
         hosts allow = 192.168. 127.
         guest account = nobody
         share modes = no
         show add printer wizard = Yes
         printer admin = root
         valid users = @users
         hide local users = No
         time server = yes

[homes]
         comment = Home Directories
         read only = No
         create mask = 0770
         directory mask = 0770
         browseable = No
         guest ok = no

[netlogon]
         comment = Network Logon Service
         path = /home/samba/netlogon
         guest ok = no
         locking = No
         share modes = No
         writeable = no

If I am missing any sections which could be useful, please let me
know.  Thanks in advance....

Marc Harding