Unable to log in from w98 (was "problem")

Bill Moran wmoran at iowna.com
Thu May 3 13:05:25 GMT 2001

If you "reply to all" the rest of the discussion group will be able to
help as well.

"Karel Neugebauer jr." wrote:

> nono .. I don't use any SHARES. I want ONLY login to DOMAIN (I use samba as
> domain controller). And if I have not rwx--x--x for /root/ and same for
> /root/tmp I can't log in to DOMAIN as normal user (except root).

OK, so you're using DOMAIN security, but you're not sharing any
directories.
What type/version of UN*X are you using? Also, sending a copy of your
smb.conf would probably be useful. What error message(s) are you getting
that led you to determine that those specific permissions were required
for login?