Samba HELP

Phoenix Barry Barry.Phoenix at norwest.co.uk
Thu May 3 09:43:40 GMT 2001

** High Priority **

When I install Samba on the HP Machine version 10.2 I get the following error message, please advice what to do.

checking statvfs function (SVR4)... yes
checking checking if large file support can be enabled... no
checking whether to support ACLs... no
checking configure summary
ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe

Norwest Holst Group of Companies
Opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual
not the company, unless specifically indicated to that effect.
This e-mail together with any files attached thereto, is confidential
and intended for its addressee only. If you have received this in error,
please delete it from your PC and inform us by telephone.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses and may be subject to tracking
and monitoring in accordance with relevant statutory law.