Samba 2.2.x PDC vs. AS/U on HP-UX ?

Bernd Nies bnies at hsr.ch
Thu May 3 06:53:35 GMT 2001

Hi,

We intend to replace the buggy and huge AS/U (Windows NT4 emulation on
HP-UX) with Samba 2.2.x. We only need the AS/U for authentication
and our Windows domain and therefore the new Samba seems to be the
smarter solution.

Has anyone out there already tried this?

Forgot to mention, that we're currently running Samba 2.0.6 on
HP-UX 11.00 and have approximately 600 Windows NT4 and NT5 clients.
Samba works fine but sometimes AS/U crashes and we have to reboot
the whole server because AS/U cannot be restarted.

Regards,
Bernd Nies
--
|_||_|___/_|_\ +41-55-2224984, http://www.id.hsr.ch/ bnies at hsr.ch