bug in samba 2.2.0 .....

adeli at adeli.fr adeli at adeli.fr
Wed May 2 22:05:48 GMT 2001

i check an anormaly bug in a few software place on a RH6.2 with samba
2.2.0

before i'have install a good 2.07 samba but for win2K support i need 2.2...

all the files from the system are readable /writeable from the serveur
ex:
i copy all the files from the software on the serveur to another one (under
win98)
i try my client software  and it's works so there is no diffrence from files
only the access to it (samba 2.2.0!)

the error from the client is  can't write to file ...
g:\wcpta\sarladeli\temp\impO0000.DBF

and from sbmstatus

28095  DENY_NONE  RDWR       NONE
/usr/win/Wcpta/SARLADEL/temp/IMPO0000.DBF   Wed May  2 22:59:27
2001

in the same family of software i have another one who clains that it can't
write to the file...

IFS timeout on write  (offs=0 Size=512 Nb tries =50  sleep time =100ms
max =200ms

I have tested to put strict locking to no and it works now with 2.2.0

perhaps some one have an idea

Lionel Drevon			ldrevon at adeli.fr
Adeli				http://www.adeli.fr
618 Av. Gal de Gaulle		Tel 04 78 66 11 85
69760 Limonest			Fax 04 78 66 04 33