Fax from Windows

Craig Kelley ink at inconnu.isu.edu
Wed May 2 20:04:56 GMT 2001

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO wrote:

> Hello
>
> Does anyone have experience setting up Windows so that it can fax to a fax
> server on Linux.  I've tried setting up efax on the LP port and making it
> available under SMB but this didn't work.  GThere is no windows client
> which will let you put the phone number anywher ;)  Something I should have
> though of prior.

If you only have a few boxes, you can use a client FAX driver under
Windows.  If you have many boxes, this becomes a lot to manage and a
server-only version is better (like smbfax):

  http://inconnu.isu.edu/~ink/new/links/projects/links/smbfax/

Of course, I'm not partial or anything...  :)

--
It won't be long before the CPU is a card in a slot on your ATX videoboard
Craig Kelley  -- kellcrai at isu.edu
http://www.isu.edu/~kellcrai finger ink at inconnu.isu.edu for PGP block