smbprint (or: print to nt with smbclient)

Peter Pilsl pilsl at goldfisch.at
Wed May 2 14:37:05 GMT 2001

I use smbprint to print to remote nt-printers. In new samba2.2 and the
smb-tng this doesnt work any more ..

cat file | smbclient \\\\server\printer pass -U user -N

brings a lot of errors, cause smbclient interpretes all the file as
smbclient-commands.

I used the new 2.2 smbprint-scripts and this uses the above mechanism and therefore doesnt work.
To print, I have to connect via smbclient and the perform a put-command, which is different approach.

The smbprint is an old script that still uses the -P option that seems to be already gone ...

please help,
peter

--
mag. peter pilsl