samba 2.2.0 srpm build errors

Chad temp at yourmomma.myip.org
Wed May 2 13:12:55 GMT 2001

I am running redhat 7.1 and would like to build the samba 2.2.0 rpms, but I
rec'd an error.  Is there something obvious I am doing wrong?  I tried 2.0.7
just to see if that would work, but it failed with different issues.  I know
it says to submit a bug report, but I would assume I am at fault since I've
never built an rpm from source before.

Compiling client/clitar.c
client/client.c: In function `process_command_string':
client/client.c:1766: Internal error: Segmentation fault.
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/> for instructions.
make: *** [client/client.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

RPM build errors:
[root at two SPECS]#

Here are the instructions I followed -

SRPMS - All source releases from which RPM packages can be built
 It is assumed that those who download this know how to
 build binary package RPMs.

  Instructions:
  For those who want to roll their own RPMs:-
   rpm -i samba-x.y.z-v.src.rpm
  will unpack the source file and RedHat Package Managment
  build files.

   cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
   rpm -ba -v samba-x.y.z.spec
  Will build the RPM package for your system.