Samba RH RPM Install

Dietmar May dcmay at object-workshops.com
Wed May 2 11:25:40 GMT 2001

Hi John,

> After removing the old package you may have to do the following:
>
> 	rpm -Uvh --nodeps --force samba-2.2.0......

I still get the message
"Installing stack version of /etc/pam.d/samba"
"mv: /etc/samba/samba.stack: No such file or directory"
"execution of %post failed ..."

However, I now have smbmount and smbumount commands!

After removing 2.2.0, then cat'ing an empty file to /etc/samba/samba.stack, and then rerunning the command you give above, the installation reports no errors. /etc/samba/samba.stack disappears during the rpm install, but things seem to be working just fine so far ...

Thanks!
Dietmar