Help with quota setting...

Chris G Haravata chrish at apc.edu.ph
Wed May 2 08:17:19 GMT 2001

Hi, Ahmed

Ahmed RAHAL wrote:

> > if i copy the 20kb Word file, it will allow me to go all the way to
the
> > 45 hard limit for inodes, but it will only total 860kb.
> >
> > What can I do?  Isn't there a way to set the file limit (in MB)
without
> > having to set the blocks and inodes?
> >
> > HELP!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
>
> You are asked to set a size limit AND an inode limit.
> I can guess you don't bother much on inodes, so
> set this value high, and just compute the number of
> blocks you need, giving your limit size.

Yup, I understand all that you are saying.  But, say, I set the inodes
values high, the blocks size would just continue to let the users to
copy files, UNTIL they get to the inode limit... even if the user is
prompted that the disk is full... <groan>

---
Spawn -- the Scourge of the Dammed

Chris G Haravata
Backend Team Leader