HELP!! I can't figure it out!!

Dave Phillips sstauffer at uswest.net
Tue May 1 16:59:09 GMT 2001

Hi folks, I am really new to linux so therefore I am new to samba as well.  I am currently trying to get my windows 98 machine and linux machine to swap files.  They can ping each other and have internet connection sharing workings so the network part is working (I'm using 2 NIC's and a twisted pair, no hub).  But I cannot for the life of me get samba configured and working.  My goal is to be able to get an MP# from the windows machine and play it on the linux machine, not to far fetched.  So if anyone has any advice or knows of any good documentation for beginners please let me know.  Thanks