Swat problems

Joachim Feise jfeise at ics.uci.edu
Fri Mar 30 19:49:18 GMT 2001

Gerald Carter wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Joachim Feise wrote:
>
> > I compiled from source. No PAM. My system is Linux, Slackware 7.1. I
> > don't see any relevant debug info in the log files. All I get is the
> > dialog box "Authorization failed" in the browser. I tried both locally
> > (localhost:901) and over the net. I can still use the swat binary from
> > 2.2a2 without problems (that one was also compiled from source). The
>
> No idea.  Have you looked at a network trace?

No, but I doubt that it would reveal anything, because I can use swat
fine with a user name. It is only with root that I get the authorization
failure. And I need root access to do anything meaningful through swat.
All files in /usr/local/samba are owned by root.
Oh well, back to editing smb.conf by hand for now.

-Joe