Absolutely Weird Error with Win2K

Florian Echtler echtler at fs.tum.de
Wed Mar 28 18:00:48 GMT 2001

Hello everyone, I hope my question fits in this list.
Anyway, on to the absolutely weird.

I'm trying to access a Samba 2.0.7 Server with Share
Level Security from a Win2K SP1 Box. Now, I've got
one share named home pointing to /root. When I access
that share from Win2K (SWAT and the logfile show that
the access does happen as root, just as desired), the
eth0 device somehow locks up. I have to shut it down,
un- and reload the module and restart it to get any
packets out again. The Win2K box gets confused and
after a timeout, I get an error message about
"resource not available" or something like that. My
ethernet card is a Compaq Netflex 3/P, driven by tlan.o
(the Texas Instruments Thunder LAN driver).

Does anyone have the slightest idea what's going on here?
If you do, please drop me an email at echtler at fs.tum.de,
as I'm not (yet) subscribed to this list.

Thanks in advance and Goodbye

Florian Echtler - echtler at fs.tum.de
Skriptenreferat - Fachschaft MPI