domain logons

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Wed Mar 28 15:19:02 GMT 2001

You may also need to specify a guest user. MS does a lot of things
by connecting to IPC$ as guest (anonomous) before connecting as a
user.

Tellez Jimenez Mauricio wrote:

> You have to append the following  to the global section:
>
> domain logons = yes
> os level = 34
> local master = yes
>
> and create a section named netlogon. This is mine:
>
> [netlogon]
>         comment = Any comment
>         path = /var/log/samba/logon
>         public = no
>         writable = no
>         browseable = no
>
> I hope this solve your problem.
>
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 01:49:52PM +0930, Andrew Galdes wrote:
> > i have been trying for some time now (with various posts to lists) to have
> > samba as a domain logon server. i require winMe mahcines to logon to the
> > samba box.
> >
> > what works: winMe can browse the shares when smba is set to share security
> >
> > what doesnt work: when set to user security, winMe cant find the domain
> > controller.
> >
> > what are some thigns to check?  below is my smb.conf file:
> >
> > # Global parameters
> >    [global]
> >            netbios name = ANDREW
> >            server string = Samba Server %v
> >            security = USER
> >            encrypt passwords = Yes
> >            update encrypted = Yes
> >            log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
> >            max log size = 50
> >            socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
> >            printcap name = lpstat
> >            preferred master = Yes
> >            domain master = Yes
> >            dns proxy = No
> >            wins support = Yes
> >            guest account =
> >            hosts allow = 192.168.0.
> >            printing = cups
> >            print command = /usr/bin/lp -d%p -oraw %s; rm %s
> >            lpq command = /usr/bin/lpstat -o%p
> >            lprm command = /usr/bin/cancel %p-%j
> >            queuepause command = /usr/bin/disable %p
> >            queueresume command = /usr/bin/enable %p
> >
> >    [homes]
> >            comment = Home Directories
> >            writeable = Yes
> >            browseable = No
> >
> >    [public]
> >            path = /home/public
> >            writeable = Yes
> >            guest ok = Yes
> >
> >    [windows]
> >            path = /mnt/windows
> >            writeable = Yes
> >            guest ok = Yes
> >
> > --

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177