Samba 2.2.0alpha3 for Red Hat 7

John H Terpstra jht at charity.aquasoft.com.au
Wed Mar 28 10:25:36 GMT 2001

Hi All,

I am in the process of uploading RPM packages for the above to the samba
FTP site. They should appear within 24 hours. I am receiving about 5-10
requests per day for such binary packages and had the opportunity to help.
The packages will be available under:
	ftp://samba.org/pub/samba/Binary_Packages/redhat/RPMs/7.0

look for a package called:
	samba-2.2.0alpha3-20010325.i386.rpm

the source package is also available from the samba FTP site.

This package is completely UNTESTED. If it does not work, please let me
know at: jht at samba.org - I will try to fix it.

NOTE: Anyone wishing to upgrade the Red Hat packages should first
uninstall the Red Hat samba 2..0.7 packages as follows:
	rpm -e samba-client
	rpm -e samba-common
	rpm -e samba

		rpm -Uvh samba-2.2.0alpha2-20010325.i386.rpm

Cheers,
John T.