IMPRINTS: mkprintpkg.pl unable to expand microsoft cab file

Fouquet, Errol Errol.Fouquet at mms.gov
Tue Mar 27 20:14:03 GMT 2001

Jerry,

Perhaps you could help me with a problem building a Samba print package.
I've downloaded the drivers files I need from HP. I run the appropriate
mkprintpkg.pl command, but it dies with the following output:
	[root at tux designjet]# /usr/local/imprints/bin/mkprintpkg.pl
--name="hp1050c" --version=1.00
	--display-name="HP   DesignJet 1050c" -d "HP DesignJet 1050C by HP"
pl132en.exe
	Package: hp1050c-1.00.tar.gz
	Display Name: HP DesignJet 1050c

	Using archive pl132en.exe for files.
	Using file OEMSETUP.INF for INF information.
	Architecture: Windows NT X86 (detected from INF)
	Manufacturer: HP (detected from INF)
	Model: HP DesignJet 1050C by HP
	magic1 = 4643534d
	/tmp/file4TJ9Cj/hpltcol1.ex_: not a MS-compressed file
	ERROR: Unable to expand `/tmp/file4TJ9Cj/hpltcol1.ex_' to package.

The "magic1 = 4643534d" was some debugging output I added. If I expand
pl132.exe to a directory and do a "file hpltcol1.ex_" it appears to be a
"Microsoft CAB file".

Errol Fouquet - UNIX SysAdmin
Minerals Management Service, DOI
1201 Elmwood Park Blvd.