smbtar not working

Kelton Joyner kelton at isle-escape.com
Tue Mar 27 00:42:13 GMT 2001

I install Samba 2.0.7 on my HP 715-80 running HPUX 10.20. The HP server
and two PC's are connected on a local LAN.  I can map network, move
files, etc.  However, when I try to use smbtar I get an error.  The unix
server is hobbs, the two PC's are calvin and marmaduke.  The C: drive on
calvin is named drive_c and set for share r/w.  I can use tar from the
cmd line on the unix 'puter to backup it's files.  Typed in the
following line on the unix 'puter to backup calvin (PC)
# ./smbtar -s calvin -v -t /dev/rmt/c0t5d0BEST -x "drive_c" -u kjoyner
I get the followin:
server    is calvin
share     is drive_c\
tar args  is
tape      is /dev/rmt/c0t5d0BEST
blocksize is
./smbtar[162]: smbclient:  not found.
Both smbtar and smbclient are in the /usr/local/samba/bin directory.
Both are set to 755.  What am I doing wrong?
Kelton Joyner
kelton at isle-escape.com